Meeting de Monaco 2022
Les meilleures performances
* Gros concours de saut en longueur avec Maykel Masso (CUB) qui s'impose avec 8.35m devant le champion olympique Miltiadis Tentoglu (GRE) 8.31m et Marquis Dendy (USA) 8.31m également.
* Jake Wightman, nouvelle start du demi fond Britannique, récent champion du monde du 1500m, signe la MPM 2022 sur 1000m en 2'13"88.
"I did not really know I was in shape to do this today. It was just very very hard. I have run on my own. I knew Arop is a little bit quicker on the home straight so I had to judge the right moment. I had to stay strong to be able to catch him. This is a really nice step towards Munich.
The main difference between the 1500 and 1000m is just the speed of the first couple of laps. You go from running 55s to 52. That was a good progression towards the European championships. The plan was always to run 800m at Europeans. I was happy to made the team."
* Impressionnante Shelly Ann Fraser-Pryce (JAM) qui claque un énorme 10'62 sur 100m avec un vent tout ce qu'il y a de régulier (+0.4m/s)
"I guess I did it at each round. I had now 3 back to back races so I will take some time for recovery and see what I´m able to do with some rest before I come back. I did what I needed to do and we had fun and let the clock talking. I cannot be disappointed with the season.
To be able to run 10.6 consistently means a lot to me. It is remarkable. It is very hard to keep the speed on this high level. It is important for me to deliver fast times, because I´m looking forward for myself to have a great season. I´m on my late thirty´s and I think I feel like I have more to give.
I look forward to do my Personal Best for the rest of the season and run fast. The Monaco track is just great but I hope the next time I get a lot of wind. I always love it here, the crowd is great and the track is just super fast.
When I came out, it was warm so I was looking forward to the race. As a sprinter, you always want to run on the fast track. The only target I have for the rest of the season, is just to run fast. Now, we break and then we come again. Not sure about Lausanne yet."
* Tout juste le temps de reprendre son souffle pour voir la Kenyane Faith Kipyegon remporter le 1500 avec un chrono fabuleux de 3'50"37, 2e meilleure performance de l'histoire, derrière le record du monde de Genzebe Dibaba, 3'50"07 réussi en 2015.
"I have been chasing the time for quite some time but I am happy with the personal best. It seems I did not give all but I tried hard. I knew this was the best place to get the world record but I am so disappointed I lost it in the last meters.
I hope for the best next time. We will see when. I was definitely ready for it today. I am heading home now and want to get a good Diamond League final in Zurich."
* On continue les réjouissances avec 110m haies de très haut niveau gagné par Grant Holloway (USA) en 12'99 (+0.6m/s) devant Trey Cunningham 13'03. Sasha Zhoya 5e avec un chouette 13'21.
* Natoya Goule (JAM) s'impose sur le 800m dames en 1'56"98, record de la saison.
* 400m dames : La grande dame du tour de piste Shaunae Miller Uibo (BAH) s'impose avec un excellent 49'28.
* L'athlète du Burundi Thierry Ndikumwenayo réussit le 7e chrono de l'histoire sur le 3000m hommes en 7'25"93, le meilleur chrono réussi depuis 2007.
"It was incredible. I am really really happy to get this win and it is my first diamond. It was very important to me to break the national record so it is a special moment for me today. In the last lap, I was very smart. I was running very easily and I saw Kipkorir in front of me and then I knew I had to push it.
But I won it and I want to add some more victories - maybe already in Brussels. I hope I will get more good races before the end of the season but today, it was really a special day."
* Noah Lyles (USA), l'as du 200m, sacré champion du monde en 12'31, gagne le demi tour de piste en 19'46, un nouveau chrono de très haute valeur.
"It was a good race in overal. Of course, I wanted to go a bit faster but to be honest, I am geting my victory points right now. Happy to win and the fast times come and that is awesome. If they do not, that is cool too. The hard work on the way.
The whole race was kind of wobbly. I was kind of inside al the time, trying to get in the middle. So there are some things towards the end of the season. It is all about having fun, not about the target. I just enjoy what I do. I want to get PRs and get the shoot on the world record of course.
So that is a huge goal for the next year. I want to go to Lausanne. One of my most favourite starts of the whole season. They used to hold all my last PRs. So why would not I want to go back."
* Victoire à la hauteur pour le patron Mutaz Barshim (QAT) avec un saut modeste à 2.30m suffisant pour gagner aux essais.